Sunday 10 February 2013

My first thoughts of February @glossybox

I was looking forward to this months box due to it being February. i assumed like last year glossybox would do a special box to mark Valentines day. I was right, my products came wrapped in a beautiful pink box with a picture of a flower on. I do get excited when we have special boxes and I do keep them all and use them to store my ever growing collection of make up and beauty products. The box is definitely a bonus to the product and does help you get excited to open and see what surprises are In store.

Even though the box impressed me the products inside where a totally different matter. The first thing I noticed was a perfume sample I have had in my box a few times and am building up quite a collection of it now its Marciso Rodriguez for her. After reading the product list it says that this is an updated version???

My verdict.......

It is a beautiful soapy floral smell which is perfect for everyday wear as its not over powering. If I'm honest though it very much resembles the high street chain next own brand of perfume called just pink. At just £6.50 for 30ml its a fraction of the price. Natciso Rodriguez is at £23 for 30ml. Im very much someone who believe in you get what you pay for, this is the exception as I find that with this you are just paying for the name...... Ill stick with just pink, keeping my purse happy and smelling just as good.

The second product I came across was In horribly cheap and unappealing packaging. After further inspection I found it was a lipstick by Helen e cosmetic. My first though on this was anger as glossy box is all about luxury products an this is a product you associate with cheap shops like body care or quality save. To add insult to Injury the name of this lipstick is called Caribbean which does not fit this product at all. The colour looks cheap which I suppose goes with its name and reputation. Ill still be fair and give it a trial as that why I signed up to glossy box but I do not hold much hope.


After being annoyed by the lipstick I was excited to find mica bell cosmetics mineral blush powder. I'm into mineral make up at the moment an the colour that has come in my box is perfect for my skin tone. Not sure on the name of the colour as it reminds me of a 90s programme called changing rooms where they used this colour in pretty much every episode. The colour is called terra cotta. Who comes up with these names???? I am excited to try this product just wish the pot was bigger.

Another product I'm exited about is the mememe cosmetics fat cat lengthening mascara. I have the shortest and fairest eyelashes in the world in my opinion and they need all the help they can get. The price of this product is quite reasonable and packaging is funky with an eloquent twist. On first impression ticks all the boxes so I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

Last but not least of my products was something that baffled me at first whole looking at the product to find out what I is I was getting all confused as the main writing in French but on closer in special I found it was voulez- vous warmin body oil in margarita scent. I can only presume this was put in the box to make valentines day in the Valentine theme box but The idea of smearing my body in an oil that smells of margarita doesn't exactly float my boat but again ill give it a go. Looking at the flavours/ scent it comes in I could have got worst..... I think.

I did get a little surprise in my box of a heart shape lolly pop it was cute but does not make up for this pants box.

Overall this box is a disappointment especially as not only has a perfume sample been put in but they have also included a cheap none luxury product in a box that promotes and prides its self on bring samples of luxury products. I'm not sure where they were coming from in this box.

Just an added note I am loving the news letter that comes instead of the product card. I love the make up tips, I love how they bring the product in the box together to help the owner of the box use them and
I love I has discounts a girls best friend. I hope they carry on with this.

I do look forward to giving the products ago let's see if any surprise me or even become part my go to products. I'm not sure what our plans for valentines day are but I may just use them all For the occasion weather I'm staying I or going out I surprise that's all part of the fun. He he he.

No comments:

Post a Comment