Thursday 2 August 2012

I heart reading

I am totally and utterly in love with reading. I would definitely class it as my hobby. Most of the things I love to do mostly involve reading. Relaxing in the sun with my kindle, nice hot soak in the bath with my kindle.... You see where this is going.

I was read to at an early age mainly the fairy tale classic like snow white and the seven dwarf, Cinderella and the wizard of oz are to name a few. My favourite was the snow queen I loved that book and had it read I me that many times I eventually could read it on my own from memory.

At the same time of my obsession with the snow queen the BBC started showing c.s.lewis's chronicles of Maria starting with the lion, the witch and the wardrobe. I loved this programme so much if I can remember right it was on, on Sundays my earliest memory of watching it is sat on the step ladders in the living room, I think my m and dad were decorating at the time. From seeing how much I loved the programmer mum stated reading the books to me. I remember being completely enchanted by them. Ive always had a good imagination so having such amazingly written books read to me felt magical. that was my first taste of how much better books can be compared to films.

When ever we went on holiday I was allowed To pick a book to read on holiday at the airport. This is when I discovered rolard Dahl. When I was younger I pick up the usual sparkly books but as I got older and my reading improved so did my choice in books. The first rolard Dahl book I tea was the twits I loved it I couldn't put it down I looked like a complete book worm for the first free days I my holiday. The twits is a book about a a nasty couple named me and mrs twit this book made we cry with laughter. So much so I read I a few more times after that.

Overs the years my taste in books have changed I gone though the teenage faze of teen romance and even the hollyoaks books, autobiographies and biographies, harry potters, twilights and now I'm on chick lit and recently badly written erotica (50 shades). I have my favourite authors who I alway look out for Sophie kinsella, cecillia ahern, Louise bagshawe the list goes on.

I have definintly passed on my love of reading to my 19 month old son, I've read to him since he was born. We alway have books scattered about for him to pick up and his new trick is pushing it in your face going e r for you to read it to him. We alway have a bed time story were currently reading 365 days of Disney bedtime stories. Harrison knows thats his bed time book, when we Seattle down at bed time with milk he points at his book and says there.

I can't wait to read my favourites to him when he gets older and listen to him reading to me at bedtime too. I just hope he continues to love stories as much as I do.

I'm currently reading a chick lit called private lives by tasmina perry it has me hooked. Lots of scandal. I first read a book by this author when I was on maternity leave called original sins I loved it so much and could not put it down.... They were the days when I could read for as long as I wanted. This one is definitely living up to the first so far.... I'll keep you posted x

No comments:

Post a Comment