Friday 17 August 2012

@glossybox lipstick review

I'm not really a lipstick wearer, I do love my lip glosses and lip balms. I like my lips to feel moist and hydrated which is why I usually stay clear of lipstick, also I can never find a shade of lipstick that suits me.

I tried the @glossybox lipstick this morning when putting my make up on for work. It was easy to apply, just like a standard lipstick. When I put it on it was nice and moisturising which is what I like.

the shades not really me so I blotted or a few times to take the colour down a bit, this obviously made the lipstick dry. Which I don't like and made me want to put lots of lip balm over the top but I resisted.

This morning I definitely gave the lipstick a run for its money with the kiss test. I was lucky enough to have my hubby and little boy at home when I left the house so they both got lots of kisses good bye. Daddy peacock got 6 and baby peacock gave me 3 on the lips ad that was my lot do I stole 3 by kissing His forehead. The lipstick stayed on my lip and did not smudge but did leave lip marks on baby peacocks forehead.

Once I arrived at work I ate some thick toast with butter on tasted delicious. once I had finished my breakfast I looking In the mirror and the lipstick was still in place. I applied it at 7.30am and at 9am it was still in place no need for re application.

Over all I like the idea of this lipstick it stays put for longer than a lip gloss and the packaging is slim so can fit into any bag or pocket I own. My only issue is he colour but that's down to personal preference. If I wore lipsticks I would definitely use this one.

I'm going to pass this on to my mum who the colour will suit perfectly a she has olive skin. I'll get her opinion on it as well.




2 comments:

  1. Like the kiss test :D I thought this was a lovely lippy, I've darker skin than you so was lucky with the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got to give it the kissing test lol. As I bet the colours gorgeous on you. Xxx

    ReplyDelete