Monday 2 July 2012

#snaphappybritmums July day 2 @britmums

Today challenge is jewellery, well since working in a jewellers could take one there but instead I chose my engagement ring and wedding ring. These 2 rings means so much to me.

Daddy peacock chose the engagement ring all by himself just before he proposed to me the evening of my 21st birthday. Due to him having a huge secret he hadn't spoke to me properly in a week, I really thought he was going off me and even confided in my friends that I thought he was going to dump me after my 21st birthday because he didn't want to be the guy that did it on my birthday. All my friends knew he was going to propose so found what I was saying very amusing.

When he did propose the evening of my 21st birthday I was shocked to say the least and so happy that I never said yes just held my hand out for the ring. The day after daddy peacock reminded me I never said yes so he proposed again to me in the car park of sainsburys and this time I said yes.

I've will have been wearing my wedding ring for 3 years in September. Even though my wedding ring is plain it has engraving inside that put with daddy peacocks ring the the message becomes clear. It's a saying that has meaning in our relationship. We're are both sentimental fools.


2 comments:

  1. Your husband sure knows how to pick a good engagement ring. ^_~ Being sentimental about such an important symbol of your relationship makes it even more valuable. The cut, the carat, the color, and the clarity of the diamond would mean less if you don’t give importance to the ring itself. I’m happy for you, mummy peacock!

    Bridget Rossi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hun, I love my husband so much and would be happy if I was wearing a piece of string round my finger. You are totally right its about what it represents not how much money was spent. If I wanted to be a brat I want an emerald cut solitaire but my husband chose the 3 diamonds to say I love you. I fell in love with it instantly....... Still love him more lol xxx

    Thank you for your lovely comment. Xxx

    ReplyDelete