Wednesday 20 June 2012

@Glossybox disappointment

I have been subscribing to a sample box called glossybox for a year now.for the price of £10 you get 5 sample/full size products a month, they ask you to give feedback on the products in return for glossy dots, you get 5 glossy dots per products and when you have got 1000 glossy dots you get a free glossy box. I absolutely loved it. I am a complete beauty product junkie so this was right up my street.

Over the past few months the quality of the box overall has been going down hill and yesterday I receive the worst box of all.

In the box was what I wouldn't even justify and say was a sample size to review, There more what you find stuck to pages of magazines for free.
• a goat hair brush
•a tiny pot of bare mineral bronzed
•camouflage make up mini pot
•the smallest mascara I have ever seen
• a set of 3 agent provocateur mini perfume samples. One of which is empty.

The standard is completely below what they have previously have set, it makes me wonder is it due to its growing database. Glossybox is only 13months old and it does seem the more they grow in popularity the worst there boxes get. I don't know this for a fact it I just my opinion.

I always understood that they have a lot of people to please and would not be able to do so all the time but his months box goes far beyond that.

All the product received were what you could get for free If you asked the retailers direct that would save you £10.

To add insult to injury but I must add this has nothing to do with glossy box themselves but the courier who delivered it threw it over my side gate into the garden now this throw would have had to be done with some force to end up where it did. Overall I have not had much look with this months glossy box. I have sent them an email of complaint and have decided to give the no 1 more chance if it's standards are still dropping I will be cancelling my subscription and looking else where.

Let see what's in store next month i, while I wait and see i think a bit of research into others is in order.

2 comments:

  1. I had similar thoughts about this month's Glossy Box and by the sound of things, my box was better than yours! (I also hate that boxes are different, makes me feel like I'm missing out on some good stuff even though I'm paying the same as everyone else.) I'm not entirely sure I'll be giving them another month's chance to be honest.

    Btw, it's £12.95 now - they had increased the price to include P&P!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. It's so unfair. People have Told me about a few more going to see people comments on them and decide next month to switch, stick or cancel all together. X

    ReplyDelete